• July 27, 2021

Which US citizens will get guardianship in the US?

In the US, if you live in a state that allows same-sex marriage, you can apply for a guardianship if you’re a same-gender couple or parent of a child who is adopted out of the foster care system.

The process can take up to two years.

But if you don’t live in that state, you’re out of luck.

If you’re legally married, you have to wait a year before you can become a guardian.

If a court determines you’re not a guardian, you’ll have to go through the process of filing for divorce or to have the state’s highest court order you to.

If you’re unmarried, you will still need to file for guardianship, but the process will take up more time.

The court has until April to make a decision, and you’ll also need to meet other requirements to become a “full-time guardian.”

The court will have to determine whether the couple should be considered full-time guardians.

In the meantime, you may want to check out our guide to how to become an online caregiver, and how to file an adoption.

We’ll be updating this story as we learn more about the status of the same-year adoption process.