• October 11, 2021

How to get a durable guardianship in Maryland

When it comes to getting a durable guardian, Maryland law is pretty simple.If you’re an adult who lives in Maryland, and you have not been convicted of a felony or an aggravated felony, you must apply for a durable-guardian order.This is called a guardian ad litem (GAL).GALs are often used by parents who want to…

Read More

Woman gets temporary guardian of her infant daughter

Oklahoma is asking a judge to give a temporary guardian to her daughter, who was placed in the custody of her grandmother last month, a court spokeswoman said Monday.The woman, whose name is not being released, filed the petition for guardianship with the Marion County Probate Court, saying she was not able to pay the…

Read More